Freqnently Asked Questions
Find helpful information about ScreenManager and answers to frequently asked questions.
What is Digital Signage?
Digital Signage is a form of electronic display that shows information, advertising and other messages. Digital signs (Smart TVs or professional LCD/LED displays) can be found in public and private environments, such as retail stores, hotels, restaurants and corporate buildings.
What is ScreenManager?
ScreenManager is a cloud-based Digital Signage platform that allows you to remotely manage your screens and content from anywhere.
It is a complete solution that includes everything you need to get started with Digital Signage. We offer a wide range of features, from simple content scheduling to advanced remote management.
Why not use USB media players for Digital Signage purposes?
Using USB media players for digital signage can have certain limitations compared to more specialized digital signage solutions:
- Limited Content Management and Updating: USB media players often require manual updating of content, which can be impractical for larger networks of displays or for content that needs frequent changes. Specialized digital signage systems often provide remote content management, allowing for efficient updates and scheduling across multiple screens.
- Lack of Advanced Features: USB media players might not support advanced features like interactive content, real-time data integration (like weather updates or social media feeds), or sophisticated scheduling. Digital signage software often includes these capabilities to enhance viewer engagement and relevance.
- Reliability and Durability: USB media players may not be as reliable or durable as professional digital signage hardware, especially in demanding environments like outdoor locations or areas with high foot traffic. Digital signage solutions are typically designed to operate continuously and withstand various environmental conditions.
- Scalability Issues: As your digital signage needs grow, scaling up with USB media players can become cumbersome. Each screen would need its own media player and manual content updates. Centralized digital signage solutions offer better scalability and management for multiple displays.
- Security Concerns: USB drives are prone to security risks such as malware and unauthorized content manipulation. Professional digital signage solutions often have better security measures to protect content and network integrity.
- Lack of Analytics and Integration: USB media players generally don't offer analytics or integration with other business systems. Advanced digital signage solutions can provide insights into content performance and viewer engagement, as well as integration with sales data, inventory systems, and more.
For small-scale applications or where content doesn't change often, USB media players might be a cost-effective solution. However, for more dynamic, scalable, and feature-rich applications, specialized digital signage solutions are generally more suitable.
Can I set up digital signage with ScreenManager by myself?
Yes, we have written instructions for that here.
In a nutshell:
- You need a screen with HDMI.
- You need a content player that connects via HDMI to the screen. We recommend one from us.
- Create an account with us and use the QR code to pair the player with our servers
- You're done
If you need help with installation, please contact us.
How does ScreenManager work and what parts does it consist of?
ScreenManager consists of the following parts:
- Web administration at https://client.screenmanager.tech. Here you can manage your screens and the content on them by logging in.
- Digital signage players (hardware devices) that play content on your screens
Hardware - Screens, Players, etc.
What hardware do I need?
What hardware do I need?
To use ScreenManager for digital signage you need a screen and a content player.
You can use any TV or minitor with HDMI input as a screen. For better results, we recommend a screen with high brightness and large viewing angles.
The screen connects via HDMI cable to the player running our application. If you need to manage a large number of screens, we recommend using our hardware player, which allows for maintenance-free and seamless nonstop operation.
As a player, we recommend Android TV boxes for their low purchase price (around 100 USD) and great performance.
Contact us and we will be happy to help you with the hardware selection or we can provide you with a turnkey solution.
Is ScreenManager free?
You can try ScreenManager for free for 14 days. During this time you can try all its features and if you like our product, you can pay for it and continue using it.
Prices start at an unbeatable $3 per screen.
Do I need a credit card to create an account?
You don't need one.
What am I paying for?
You pay for each screen you use for more than 14 days. You can find the current prices and plans here.
How do I create a subscription?
You can create a subscription in your account. It's simple, you choose the number of screens, the plan and the billing period (monthly or yearly). You then enter your credit card and future payments will always be made at the beginning of the billing period.
You can find your invoices in your account.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time in your account settings. The subscription will remain active until the end of the billing period, but will be cancelled automatically for the next period.
Do you offer discounts for large screen volumes, non-profit projects, etc.?
Yes, we do. Contact us for more information.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following payment methods for all subscription types:
- Credit card (almost any)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
If you want to pay by bank transfer, this is only possible for the annual subscription of the Enterprise plan.